Your Data Protection Rights
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. They regulate Data Protection in the UK and have some excellent materials explaining the rights you have regarding your personal data. Visit their website here; https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
You have the following rights;
- Right of access – to ask for copies of your personal information.
- Right to rectification – to ask for information to be rectified if you think it is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask for information to be completed if you think it is incomplete.
- Right to erasure – to ask for your personal information to be deleted (although it may not always be possible to complete this request as we are required to keep personal information for different reasons).
- Right to restriction of processing – to ask for the processing of your information to be restricted if you are concerned about the accuracy or how it is being used.
- Right to object to processing – to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your personal data based on Article 6 (1) (f) of the EU GDPR, if you do not agree with the purpose and lawful basis for processing in particular, you have the right to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated decision making – to object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Right to Data Portability – to ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party. We will provide to you, or the third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right of withdrawal – for any consent given to us (e.g. in connection with marketing information by e-mail) you can withdraw such consent at any time with effect for the future. In each of our email communications, we usually provide you with a corresponding link to manage your preferences or unsubscribe. You can also contact us in any other way, e.g. by sending us a message by post or email via one of the contact channels mentioned at the start of this privacy notice.
- Right to complain – In the event that you feel the processing of personal data by SharkNinja relating to you infringes the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority in accordance with Article 77 of the EU GDPR. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office and their contact details can be found on their website; https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
To submit a Data Subject Request as outlined above, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the reason for your request. We may require you to provide some further information to confirm your identity such as your full name, order or account number and/or billing or delivery address. We will then endeavour to complete your request within one calendar month from confirming your identity but will keep you informed should we require a little more time.